Current Projects, Partners, & Accomplishments
HIV/AIDS Prevention & Control
Partner: President’s Emergency Plan For AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
Empower Oyam Project
- Organized a SOCCA camp in Loro Sub County where 1000 primary and secondary students were involved in various sporting activities coupled with HIV/AIDS awareness, education and testing services
- Set up a youth friendly corner at Loro HCIII to increase HIV/AIDS service utilization among the adolescents and youth in Loro sub county
- Provide IEC materials to Loro HCIII to reinforce HIV/AIDS service delivery
HOPE project (Oyam and Otuke district)
- Organized PWDs in groups, trained them in areas of HIV/AIDS prevention, services utilization.
- Trained PWDs on how to generate income with agriculture and also ensure food security at home
- Provided them with agricultural inputs (groundnuts, soy beans, egg plants and tomato seed) to support them with food security and income generation
Partner: President’s Emergency Plan For AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), Dokolo North Initiative (DNI) & GlobeMed
Integrated Maternal & Child Health
Partner: Vitamin Angels
Health Initiative Village Oyam (HIVO) project (Oyam, Kwania, Dokolo and Otuke Districts)
- Distributed medical supplies (multivitamins for pregnant and lactating mothers, Vitamin A for children under 5 years, and Albendazoles for both children).
- Conducted both community and facility based integrated and EPI outreaches in Oyam district; conducted health education sessions, immunization, malaria screening and treatment, and dispensing Multivitamins, Vitamin A and Albendazoles.
Livelihoods Project (Oyam district, Loro Sub County)
- Provided apprenticeship on tailoring to the women tailoring groups on face mask making.
- Provided the members with materials for face mask making so that they make the masks and sell them during the COVID-19 pandemic. The funds generated would be ploughed back in their groups VSLA, with those who participated in the making of masks given a stipend for their efforts.
- A total of 1800 face masks were made and sold off.
Partner: Danish Ugandan Friendship Association (DUFA) & Agricultural Development Denmark Asia (ADDA)
Data driven initiative for organic soy bean farmers (Oyam and Kwania districts)
- Organized farmers into groups and provided them with training on group dynamics and management.
- Carried out a field mapping exercise using GIS MDC app with Smartphones to make monitoring and data collection easy.
- Carried out the first phase of field monitoring and data collection exercise
- Identified one certification agency to provide certificates to farmers recognizing them as Certified Organic Farmers.
- Conducted farmer group leaders’ training workshop on Organic Good Agricultural Practices who in-turn trained their group members